Toyota’s TRD Pro series trucks are the most capable factory versions of their three off-roadable vehicles. Yesterday, Toyota revealed the new TRD Pro version of the updated Tacoma. I wasn’t overly impressed with the redesigned Tacoma when it was revealed last year, but there is something about this Super White Taco truck that has me interested (and I don’t even like white vehicles).
The video of the reveal in Chicago yesterday didn’t really excite me; however, the promo video below got me hooked.
You see, ever since visiting southern Alaska in 2009 I’ve yearned to get back. There is something magical about the frozen state to the north that has stuck with me since I left. When I do get back, I want to really see Alaska, the interior, not just the areas around the coastal cities. I’ve dreamed of driving the Dalton Highway to the Arctic Circle. I’ve even created lists of gear I would need to do so in preparation of the overland journey I’m sure I’ll take some day. Apparently all I need is a Tacoma TRD Pro (or at least that’s what Toyota wants me to think).
The beauty of a truck like this, much like the Wrangler Rubicon, is that you’re basically buying a modified off road rig with a factory warranty, that still performs like a factory vehicle, because all of the off road accessories were designed to work together, like a factory vehicle. From the lifted suspension to the driver selectable rear locking differential; the Tacoma TRD Pro is the real deal, and just be capable enough to make me look past the awkward front end.
The TRD Pro’s standard features include:
- 16-inch TRD black alloy wheels with Goodyear Wrangler® All-Terrain Kevlar®-reinforced tires
- TRD Pro aluminum front skid plate
- Rigid Industries® LED fog lights
- Projector-beam headlights with black bezels, LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL), and auto on/off feature
- Taillights with black bezels
- TRD Pro badge on front door with diamond-pattern knurled finish
- Black TRD Pro and 4×4 rear tailgate badging
- Black TRD Pro leather-trimmed heated front seats with TRD Pro logo located in the headrest
- 4-way adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support and 4-way adjustable front passenger seat
- Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite
- TRD shift knob
- TRD Pro floor mats
- Leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel with audio and Bluetooth® hands-free phone controls
- Rear parking assist sonar
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
The Tacoma TRD Pro will be available in the fall of 2016; pricing has not yet been released.